for real tho, if you ever need any content warnings for a movie, check out http://doesthedogdie.com
it doesn't just warn for animal death anymore. a ways back it started adding more and more content warnings.
it's gotten to warning for specific kinds of deaths, specific kinds of trauma and abuse, hatecrimes, specific mutilations, addictions, etc.
it's really really helpful for people with any kinds of triggers for stuff like that.
This is a fascinating and noble process https://blog.benjojo.co.uk/post/userspace-usb-drivers
@a9 OH MY GOD i just looked at the actual source code and i can't BELIEVE i actually submitted this as an assignment
Do you think billionaires are like slightly richer millionaires?
A million seconds is 12 Days.
A billion seconds is 31 YEARS.
If someone had the fortune to be able to save 100% of a six-figure salary (say, $100,000/year in this case), it would take 10 years to save up 1 million. It would take 10,000 years to save up 1 billion.
Billionaires should not exist. Not in a perfect world, and certainly not in our imperfect one.
amateur french movie narratology
1. Internet money upsets the social order.
2. It is well-known that some party A is unfaithful to some party B. Propriety prevents anyone from discussing this fact directly.
3. Characters converse about the extent to which party A should be made to refrain from flaunting their infidelity.
4. We discover that party B has also been unfaithful to party A.
3. At some point, a bisexual woman is involved.
5. Someone is heard to remark, "Je suis enceinte."
blocking ads is evil grr
HTTP is a pull-based medium. it is within the original philosophy of HTTP to selectively pull the data, for example, a device that doesn't support images won't download them. by circumventing ad "blocking", you are spitting in the face of HTTP. a more accurate term would be ad rejection. ads are not "blocked", they are simply not asked for.
I hack on things for people. Incorrigible giggler & maker of funny faces
I love bots but #nobot please
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!